The Challenge: Increasing leader and team impact in a complex enterprise environment
After IBM acquired Silverpop, the Senior Director of Marketing Operations for Silverpop and her growing team were charged with the audacious goal of designing and implementing a new martech platform while navigating a larger enterprise organization.
To meet this challenge, the team needed to replicate and quickly scale their success in a new, more complex environment—culturally, technically and administratively.
Our Approach: Integrating leader support with team coaching
In addition to providing executive coaching support for the leader, Clearwater customized and facilitated a year-long team coaching program. We designed content to uncover team-related development opportunities for the leader while enhancing interpersonal dynamics and strengthening communication across the team.
Core frameworks included:
- Lencioni’s The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team
- DiSC assessments for self- and other-awareness
The Impact: Strengthened team relationships lead to higher impact and accelerated results
- Accelerated integration of original and new team members
- Increased trust, commitment and peer-to-peer accountability across entire team
- Increased team agility and collaboration resulting in accelerated time to implementation
- Leader and team strengthened relationships through learning to value differences and adapt communication styles for enhanced engagement
- Team contributions recognized across IBM; became internal trusted advisors for strategic cross-organization Marketing Operations initiatives
- Leader promoted to next level and recognized by Business Unit CMO and organization CEO
I knew our team could go beyond ‘high-performing.’ We had the processes and technical expertise, but our mission was to be truly high impact. The integrated approach designed by the Clearwater team and their focus on human-centered competencies, like trust building and vulnerability, catalyzed a new level of cohesion and, ultimately, organizational impact for our team.Individual Contributor