The Challenge: Shifting from technical and tactical management to people-centered leadership
Against the backdrop of rapidly evolving dynamics impacting the Information Security division at Turner, the CISO sought to develop a deep bench of talented leaders focused on delivering complex initiatives collaboratively across the company.
Turner needed their emerging leaders within the Global Technology & Operations Information Security Office (ISO) to move from a purely technical skills and tactical mindset to one characterized by enhanced communication and people skills.
Our Approach: Comprehensive cohort-based learning experience supported by individual coaching
A seamless 9-month Leadership Development Program paired custom workshops, designed and delivered by Clearwater, with Turner branded Learning & Development content delivered by Turner. Integrating these elements with cohort-based learning pods and individual coaching to support participants in fully stepping into their mindset and behavior shifts resulted in a robust program designed for sustained growth and learning. The program content was anchored in self-awareness, problem-solving skills, team dynamics and developing the art of influence.
Core frameworks included:
- DiSC work style assessment tool for effective communication
- 360° Feedback for self-awareness and development
- 1:1 Executive coaching
- Self-led cohorts for problem-solving practice and sustained learning – creating a powerful learning community in parallel as individuals also focused on themselves
The Impact: Greater self- and other-awareness leads to more agile and inclusive leadership
- Enhanced problem-solving capability
- Greater self-awareness and management of blind spots
- Higher level of confidence in managing up
- Appreciation for others on the team; intentional commitment to valuing diversity
- Greater understanding of the impact of unconscious basis